Sunday, November 29, 2015

"When I Grow Up, I Want To Be a Jayhawk" Kickstarter campaign

I'm very excited to post about this project--this is the first children's book project that I have ever initiated and done on my own.  I'm funding the printing through a Kickstarter campaign that I hope you'll check out!  It's an officially licensed children's book for my alma mater, The University of Kansas, and it's something I've wanted to do for almost 20 years now.  Yes it's a children's book, but I made it so that adults would want to put it on their coffee table too.

At the link you'll find additional things you can pledge, like this 18x24" poster:


And this 20x16" signed art print:
This whole project has been a giant learning experience, from getting it officially licensed, to learning about Kickstarter, to sourcing printing and shipping prices, to learning iMovie in only a few days to make the video, to learning about what does and does not work in doing social media promotion.  Writing the story and making the art was the easy part!

I've been so busy that the project has already been up on Kickstarter for two weeks now and we are currently 64% funded.  There's two weeks left to get the final 36%.  Here's the Kickstarter link again.  Thank you for your pledges!





12/2/15 update: This project has been profiled on a couple of places on the web.

1 comment:

  1. You need dissertation writing help? Who could blame you? The professional dissertation writers at dissertation writing services are here to help.

    ReplyDelete